The consortium is made up of partners from Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden and Finland. This includes 2 steelworks, 1 slag processor, 2 engineering companies and 4 research institutes.
- Sidenor LOGO
- ACP logo ok
- logo tenova
- RINA colour RGB no payoff
- Logo CICe 15 Jan 2019
1 FEhS - Institut für Baustoff-Forschung e.V. (FEhS) is the joint non-profit research organization of the German, Netherlands, Swiss and Austrian steel industry established to promote and support the use of slags and residues of iron- and steelmaking.
2. Max Aicher Umwelt GmbH (MAU) is a slag processor. The research and development department is responsible for all metallurgical by-products and residues from steel making and further processing of all steelworks and rolling mills of the Max Aicher Group, especially of the Bavarian steelwork Lech-Stahlwerke located as MAU in Meitingen.
3. Sidenor I+D (SIDENOR) is one of the European leaders in special steel long products. With an installed capacity of 1 million tonnes per year, it produces straight bars (rounds and flat) bar in coil and wire from a range of 5.5 mm to 220 mm diameter of high quality engineering steel grades. Sidenor I+D is the research and development center of Sidenor.
4. CIC energiGUNE (CICe) is a non-profit energy research centre based in the Basque Country (Spain), funded in 2011. Centre’s mission is to play a leading role on the international scientific stage focused on basic research in energy related materials oriented to storage applications, contributing to industrial competitiveness through: excellent and breakthrough research; transfer of technology and knowledge to industry; coordination of technology and research efforts in energy storage field.
6. A.C.P. S.r.l. (ACP) is a leader in the production of steel ingots and billets for the forging and the ring rolling industries. Typical materials produced are engineering carbon, alloy and stainless steel in a variety of grades studied together with our customers to obtain the best performance in every application.
7. Rina Consulting - Centro Sviluppo Materiali S.P.A. (CSM) was established in 1963 as a research Centre for the State iron and steel industry, in 1998 it changed into a private Industrial Research Centre for research and development of materials. Today CSM is a company of RINA Group, with about 200 talented researchers and technicians, 20 laboratories, pilot lines and full scale testing facilities, is the partner of choice for any project in which materials, technology and innovation play a critical role.
8. Swerim AB (Swerim) is a globally recognized metallurgical research institute with a unique set up of metallurgical equipment and expertise for conducting pilot- and industrial scale testing as well as acknowledged expertise in both thermodynamic and fluid flow modeling.
9. SFTec Oy (SFTec) is a start-up company founded 2013 as a spin-off from the University of Oulu, Finland. SFTec core business is to develop and commercialize innovations for material and energy efficiency needs.